Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Would you like to work with large-scale machine learning, based on high-quality data from the leading simulation tool for space-borne antennas?
At TICRA you will have the unique opportunity to do so. We develop state-of-the-art antenna design software that enables space agencies and spacecraft manufacturers around the world to create high- performance communication links in space and on the ground. To further strengthen our position as market leader within antenna simulation, we look to expand our offerings by applying machine learning to a wide range of challenges. We have numerous R&D and software development projects planned within the coming years, and machine learning and related tasks is a key upcoming technical area for TICRA.
You will join the Mathematics & AI Team and will be involved in several R&D projects relating to machine learning. Since TICRA is only at the beginning of the AI journey, you will have the chance to define and build the foundation for the many interesting challenges that lie ahead.
As a member of the Mathematics & AI team focused on building our Machine Learning (ML) solutions you will:
- Apply a suite of machine learning algorithms to a wide range of upcoming projects. Initial projects will focus on supervised learning using neural networks, and later projects will involve large-scale gaussian processes as well as deep reinforcement learning.
- Set up the tech stack. We are starting from scratch, so you will take a key part in defining the tech stack, both open- and closed-source, that will best suit our use.
- Participate in and lead R&D projects with universities. We have close ties with several leading universities, and some of our R&D will be done in collaboration with them.
- Develop ML solutions from paper to finished product. The development of new solutions at TICRA requires us to go all the way from early-stage research to putting a finished and polished product in the hands of our customers. The ML applications will require close collaboration with colleagues that are domain experts within antenna modelling as well as experts in mathematical modelling.
You are structured, have an analytical approach to your work, can prioritize and focus on details and quality. You have successfully worked in project teams and are able to work independently. You have good communication skills in spoken and written English. You have prior experience in applying machine learning in an industrial setting. You have prior experience in leading projects.
We expect that you:
- Hold at least a Master’s degree, preferably a PhD, and have prior experience in using machine learning in a large-scale scenario
- Are a citizen of a NATO/EU country.
Why join TICRA
We offer you a unique opportunity to work in a knowledge-driven company that has delivered state-of-the- art software products to the global satellite industry for half a century. You will work alongside some of the best engineers in the field, who are passionate about their work and focused on knowledge sharing and teamwork. You will join a company that ensures development of professional and personal skills and a good work-life balance in an international and social working environment.
Application and contact
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com as soon as possible as we will be reviewing candidates continuously. Mark your email with “Senior Machine Learning Engineer” in the subject line. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Oscar Borries, Head of the Mathematics & AI Team, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +45 33 30 67 41. No unsolicited requests from recruiters, please.
We invite candidates for interviews continuously, so please do not hesitate to apply (in English), as we will end the recruitment process when we fill the position.
> See job advertisement for a (Junior) Machine learning Engineer.