Job opening: Antenna Engineer
Would you like to work with antennas for satellite and space applications?
At TICRA you will have the unique opportunity to do so. We develop state-of-the-art RF antenna design software that enables space agencies and spacecraft manufacturers around the world to create high-performance communication links in space and on the ground. Moreover, we lead and participate in R&D projects with focus on new antenna technologies for space applications, e.g., telecommunication, Earth observation and science. We have numerous R&D and software development projects planned in 2019, which deal with large deployable reflectors, frequency selective surfaces and feeds and waveguides.
You will join the Applied Electromagnetics (AEM) Team and will be involved in a large number of activities, at TICRA and sometimes abroad, which will require a deep knowledge of TICRA’s software. You will have direct contact with our experienced customers and will deal with challenging antenna design and analysis tasks.
As a member of the AEM team you will perform numerous different tasks in order to contribute to our R&D projects and support our software developers and customers worldwide. You will:
- Participate in projects funded by the European Space Agency and the European Commission in collaboration with partners around the world, in the fields of telecommunication, Earth observation and science.
- Design and test new features in TICRA’s software and contribute to the user’s manual with tutorial examples.
- Provide technical support on our software products to our customers in order to interpret results, speed up computations and identify bugs.
- Provide training courses in TICRA’s software at TICRA’s or customers’ premises.
- Write and present papers at conferences to highlight advanced antenna designs and new features of TICRA’s products.
You are structured, have an analytical approach to your work, can prioritize and focus on details and quality. You have successfully worked in project teams and are able to work independently. You know how to work towards deadlines and to deal with time pressure. You have good communication skills in spoken and written English. You have given technical presentations at conferences or to customers and wish to continue doing so. We expect that you:
- Hold a master’s degree in electrical engineering, physics or astronomy and have a solid background in electromagnetic field theory.
- Have at least 3 years of experience in design of antennas, feeds or periodic structures (e.g. reflectarrays or frequency selective surfaces). Knowledge of TICRA’s software products is an advantage.
- Are a citizen of a NATO/EU country.
Why join TICRA
We offer you a unique opportunity to work in a knowledge-driven company that has delivered state-of-the-art software products to the global satellite industry for half a century. You will work alongside some of the best engineers in the field, who are passionate about their work and focused on knowledge sharing and teamwork. Freedom with responsibility is the framework for TICRA’s employees, which allows for a good balance between work and family life and development of professional and personal skills in an international and social working environment.
Application and contact
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com before the 9th of December 2018. Mark your email with “Antenna Engineer” in the subject line. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Cecilia Cappellin, Head of the Applied Electromagnetics Team, via email firstname.lastname@example.org.